keep having to time my might max

60

Asked by Oct 02, 2014 at 09:40 PM about the 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

i have a 91 might max with a 2.4 4g64 it has a new timing belt and new tensioner and ever 50 miles it stops running and I have to re time it.  with the engine at tdc the crank gear doesn't  line up to the mark on the block and the cam gear dosn't line up to anything but I can get it running. also have to have the distributor fully advanced to get it to run... if this make any sense please give me some insight into what is going on.

64,415

I can explain it,you can be off a couple knoches, with this engine,and it will run,,but when the ECM,take,s note of the wrong postion,it will try to correct it,and that,s when you have to go back and do it,this diagram will show you how this works,you will have to get timing on this engine right,there are diagram,s on google to show you the exact position it has to be,then the ecm will work in your favor.

64,415

click to upsize

60

but with the mark/ notch on the crank lined up on the arrow on the block cylinder 1 is not at tdc.. with it timed right to all the marks the truck wont even start. what diagram should I go off of? also cam gear has a arrow, a dot, and a notch on it. what mark should I go off of on it?

64,415

Give me a few minute,s i will find the diagram for you.

60

thanks so much

64,415

Click to upsize it.

64,415

timing marks

64,415

Notice the white marks,,,

64,415

Make sure distributor,is set to number one plug,and the number one piston is top dead center up.the marks will be as you see them.

60

So got the cam gear timed off the white dot to the make you showed in picture, balance shaft timed to exact mark, crank wouldn't line up to marks but got at TDC starts and ran for a few miles and now I'm back to it barly running. Could computer be bad or that part you sent the diagram of?