No Spark Condition

Asked by Jul 07, 2015 at 11:42 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Driving the highway to work, car dies suddenly. Instrument panel shuts off for literally split second, then comes back on, but car won't start. Have done the appropriate testing of fuel and compression for several different causes of this, and everything from pump to injectors is fine. Camshaft isn't broken, and my timing is correct. No diagnostic codes, so naturally I replaced both (24x) and (7x) crank sensors, as well as timing chain and cogs. Also, the replacement part list includes: EGR, Idle Air Control, plugs, wires, throttle body, air filter, all 3 coil packs, ignition control module. Have narrowed it down to either theft system, bad cranking amps, or a shorted ground, but don't really see evidence of any of these. I'm a single dad who is alone with no options, so this car is my life. I'm a damn good mechanic, and know quite a bit, but this has me stumped.

25,535

SOMETHING LOST IT IMPUT/POWER/SHORT..I HAD THAT HAPPEN TO ME IN A DODGE..FOUND OUT IT WAS IN THE TILT/STEERING WHEEL.I CLEANED ALL IN THERE,BANGED IT UP AND DOWN SEVERAL TIMES..AND IT NEVER DID IT AGAIN.. I WOULD ALSO TAKE SOME WD-40/CONTACK CLEANER AND READJUST ALL FUSES/RELAYS/CONECTORS..KEEP US POSED.

Ok gonna check that next. I traced most of the wiring and still can't find anything.

Ok so I've double checked my wiring inside and out. Replaced my ignition control module again as well as the camshaft position sensor. Still no spark! Nothing in this equation makes sense. Basically everything on the motor is new and appears to be working correctly according to a multimeter. Is there anything I may have possibly overlooked? Is there another fuse or relay that I could be missing?

25,535

do you have power to the coil pack ?

As far as I can tell yes. All plugs and wires have been replaced as well.