The heater in my '02 Ram 1500 crew cab SLT blows cold but I don't smell antifreeze or have leaks or even residue inside the cab? Any ideas on what could be causing this?

10

Asked by Jan 06, 2015 at 04:24 PM about the 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Plus Quad Cab SB

The heater in my '02 Ram 1500 crew cab SLT blows cold but I don't smell antifreeze or
have leaks or even residue inside the cab? Any ideas on what could be causing this?

4,555

you may have a broken blend air door that changes the air direction inside the box blocking off air to the heater core ...with the engine up to temp feel both heater hoses out under the hood and make sure they are both hot ..if not then you have air in the system ...// you should be able to see the door motors from the glove box and see if they are moving when your dial is moved listen to see if the temp one clicks or pops this is a sign the door is broken

10

What do you mean by 'you have air in the system'?

4,555

hi sorry didn't see your response ....//if you have a leak in the system it lets coolant out but air in and the heater core is the highest point in the system and thats where the air will go forcing it to be air bound and not letting coolant circulate

Best Answer
10

I'm 99% sure there's not a leak in the system given that I put in a sealant for the cooling system. I also replaced the switch for the HVAC so I know that isn't a problem. Are there any other suggestions that you can give that might help me figure out what's going on with this?

10

About this truck for $6700 and I knew I'd have to put some work into it. So far I've replaced the radiator because there was a crack in the plastic on the side near one of the mounting bolt. I used a new product that uses "nanotechnology" with aluminum flakes and Kevlar to seal virtually any crack throughout the coolant system, the engine, heads, head gaskets and every other part of the coolant system so I'm pretty sure there isn't a leak. The truck is no longer running hotter than is normal nor is it forcing coolant from under the radiator cap anymore, so that problem has been corrected. Another question, on a different topic, is 'how do I repair an electric window that won't roll up? It's defin still on the track. I know this because it will roll up when it wants to and it won't roll up when it doesn't. I replaced the master switch (it's the front driver side door on the 2002 Dodge ram 1500 SLT crew cab). The back passenger side window also did the same thing for a while but it seems to have corrected itself. Unfortunately the front window, the drivers window, will not roll up and we're going into the rain season here in California. I've checked fuses, changed out the master switch with a brand-new one and everything works except for the front window on the driver side so I know it isn't the switch. Any idea what might be causing that?

4,555

hi check the harness between the door and the A pillar for broken wires that make and brake contact when the door is used also the pass side gets power through the drivers master switch....// but it may be just a bad motor

10

I've never had any problems at all with either of the passenger side windows just the two on the driver's side but the back driver side seems to be fine now so it's only the front drivers side window that won't rol up. It worked fine for a while then wouldn't back and forth for a few months then just stopped completely. What is the 'A frame? Sorry I'm a bit of a novice to some things mechanical. Lol

4,555

the A pillar is the section of the cab that the drivers door hinges are on and extends to the roof ,the B pillar is the center of the cab where the drivers door and the pass door meet together, and the C pillar is the rear of the cab...what your gonna have to do is remove the drivers door panel and un plug the window lift motor and test for power and ground when the switch is pressed these will reverse with direction of the switch ..or which way the window is going.... if you have power and grounds in both directions then the motor is bad

Best Answer
10

Thanks for your help. I may be back with further questions. lol

4,555

ok great I will keep an eye out for them ...have a great day