cranks, no spark

Asked by Jul 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM about the 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab SB 4WD

my truck stopped running at home (luckily)  right while I was putting it into park.  I have fuel at the injector rail, and it will not start with starter fluid.  Pulled a plug and checked for spark, no spark.  Replaced crank sensor, checked voltage at crank and cam sensors, took apart tipm (fuse box) and checked connections, checked all relays, checked the control wire from pcm to tipm, have no idea what to check next.....

coil pack?

We have to think more basic...SOLID connection from the 1/0 cable to the fender/unibody/frame needs to be cleaned shiny with a coarse wirebrush...this connection not only provides the necessary amperage to the startermotor, but is responsible for clean power to the ECM...funny little connection that actually "welds" itself into position with the high amperage...but...lends itself easily to getting frail and unreliable~...take it seriously please...also the connection of the cable to the motorblock (near the alternator)~

an undervoltage condition...say 14-14.5 volts is like driving your bike with flat tires...batteries get OLD faster these days because they are made from a tin-antimony alloy rather than lead....they did a switcheroo while we weren't lookin' so five years can see the date of the first charge on those knock-off labels on the top of the battery....BUY A NEW battery's time....even if it still starts your car does not ACCEPT a charge anymore (if ten years old) puts extra work onto your alternator then and is a disgrace~

this truck has coil on plug system. Battery checked fine on a battery tester. even tried jumping just in case. will recheck ground connections

grounds are all clean and good to go...anyone got anything else?

Mine did same thing it was a bad coil on my truck

Cyndie Scott

Put new coil wires and plug and camshaft sensor on and still no fire from coil

Stewart Allen

I'm having the same problem. I replaced can sensor and she fired up again but I left the key on and I'm back to no fire.thinking that the sensor burnt from being in on position.let me know if u fins the fix plz.

Matthew DeJarnette

I'm having the same problem on my 96 5.9. Changed cam sensor and crank sensor and didn't help. When this all started I noticed exposed wires on the tcm wore harness. I moved the harness around while looking at the wires and the truck hasn't started since. I replaced the wire harness going into the tcm but that didn't change anything either. Another odd thing I've noticed is when I turn the key on initially the fuel pump turns on and never stops. I have plenty of pressure at the rails but no ignition. I'm lost

Same here. 1997 dodge ram 1500. Rebuilt tranny and reinstalled. Did great. Got in it the next day and it just cranks. No unhooked grounds no pinched wires has new cam and crank sensors new fuel pump and swapped with a know good PCM. It's been down for 3 month now.

Wow sounds like a lot of are in this boat. Who has the answer? I am pretty new to using the internet to get answers. So did anyone get their engine started.

Stephen Allen

Nobody ever answers did ya get your truck running

I got mine going. Turns out the cam sensor went out and fried my pcm when it did. I replaced both and it started right up. Problems I was having was not power to coil or fuel pump.