i have two issues when it park it makes a bubbling like noise and a squeeking noise now when im driving its kind of rought and makes a race car noise like im trying to go fast but cant really pick up,

15

Asked by Aug 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM about the 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD

check your coolant for the presence of motor oil...check the motor oil for the presence of coolant...thinkin' the worst case scenario....has the engine overheated?...look at the underside of the hood for a prior overheat...as this sounds kinda cooked...bet the coolant is low...bet the thermostat will not move easily....bet the waterpump is on the ragged edge and dripping out the weep hole...you should examine the engine's systems...the component belt has a tensioner....when the idler wears out will cause the flat belt to shimmy to one side and the idler will start grinding~

15

no over heating that i know of it has coolant i dont know anything of cars. so maybe it can be the thermostant that causes these issues? or the belt cuz my main issue now is when im driving its kind of rough and sounds like a race car going faST do you know what i mean??

Pablo Sandoval....the 'panda'...no relation. Take it to a mechanic you trust...Can price out a tensioner and belt....not CEL trouble codes...at all...no christmas style flashing red light? we should connect a diagnostic scanner to see if we need a new O2 sensor, if the air/fuel ratios are correct...combustion is normal~

tensioner~

serpentine belt~

the defective t-stat might be the source of your boilin'~

10,955

Where is the bubbling coming from. Get it hot again and check under the SUV, the transmission might be NFG. Listen don't touch the pan. Racing around!! Sounds like your tranny could be slipping and the fluid boiling. That is not good, if it is the tranny you will start losing gears soon if not already. You should have the 4.3L motor which comes with the 4L60e. These have issues and I happen to have the older version of that tranny (700r4) doin the same thing but I have lost every gear but 1st. Takes about 5 miles and the fluid boils. If it is the tranny replace/rebuild soon before it gets worse.

30

From your description, I'd say either a Fan clutch, Waterpump or a Belt/Tensioner problem! Is the bubbling noise coming from the coolant reservoir or elsewhere? Does it seem like the racing noise is coming from the fan shroud or lower and farther back in the engine compartment? Also, do these sounds appear when the vehicle is standing at an idle, or only when it is actually moving? These things will all help to narrow down your problem!!! Or you could take it to a trusted mechanic!

I had what sounds like the same issue in my 02 trailblazer. 4.2 my fan clutch was bad, so i changed it and because the check engine light was on i removed the battery cable to reset the system.....once put back i noticed when the car is in park and i turned on the AC, it sounded like it wanted to die out (stall) after some research i found my throttle body needs to be cleaned, because clearing the data from the computer would reconise it as basically a new car with no information.....I will clean the throttle body this week end but my wife told me after a 30 min drive she can still hear bubbling but it did not over heat....anyone have any info in this case ?

235

3vilRob, before you remove your throttle body to clean it, remove fuses #10 and #28 under the hood. This alone will reset your PCM to reflect a clean throttle body once you've reinstalled it. Have you tried flushing your coolant and replacing with new for the "bubbling"?