how can i bypass the security system on my 2002 impala

Asked by Mar 31, 2012 at 08:48 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Impala LS

my security light came on and stayed on but my car ran fine but then the light went back off after months and now my car won't start period is there any way i can bypass the security

85

Try getting a new key made I had same problem.

185

I've heard it can be a few things: key, ignition cylinder, bcm. It's something to do with the PASSLOCK. I installed an aftermarket remote start system with a security bypass module and I haven't had any troubles with mine since. This procedure used to help some of the times my car wouldn't start: Turn key to off Turn key to on (do not try to start the car Just on) Security light should be flashing After 10 minutes, turn key to off for 5 seconds during the 10 minutes, do not open any doors. Turn key to on for 2 seconds Start car

106,595

"How to fix it" from Grand Am Owners Club - http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139899

50

no fuses or bcm or keys. i have 3 diff keys for my 02 impal it is a valet safety that happens ... so the car doesnt start, like above u turn the car off for 5 sec turn back to on for ten sec without starting then start... all with the doors shut.

50

also if the security comes on while driving . I stop ,put in park, turn the car off , take the keys out, get out after locking the doors, shut the doors. unlock the driver door with the key then the rest of the doors with the driver door button from the inside before i get in the car and shut the door.... works every time.

30

I just want dthe price on the security key for my car

30

The security comes on I just don't have remote for the door security to unlock it

Rena if the key has a chip in it will run u 146$ from locksmith hun of it can crank take it to the dealer asap and have it put on the machine before it dies it will only cost u 110$ then get these parts mixed befor ur car shirts dwn.

10

This wont work for everyone, but if you turn off your car, and turn it to ACC, so the radio is on. turn off the radio. you will see only the time. hold the display button for 10 seconds. Settings will pop up. use the seek buttons and scroll over to ALARM and hit 1 to select the alarm settings. move it to the OFF setting and hit Display to select Off. a star ( * ) will appear next to it. and then turn your key off. this will bypass any alarm issues. doing this can help you determine if you need a new key or not.

20

Dan i own a 08 impala LT with 138k car runs great everywhere but when i stop my vehicle an turn it off after stop start stop staring while running errands it will most always not start back up after sitting inside or outside of the vehicle for 30 min most time i can get in an will fire right up although the other day it did it i drove it around town shut it off turned it on about 4 times went to a buddys an it would not start waited 30 min it started took it to the store came out an would not start a hour later after letting it sit at the store overnight i came the next morning an it started right up any ideas if this radio fix could help ? Do u think its the passlock system doing this?