Rolls but doesn't start

10

Asked by Mar 23, 2009 at 06:54 PM about the 1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat Extended Cab LB

Ok, I wasn't sure about(LB SB?) Just to break this down over the past couple months...

Back in January (minnesota mind you -30 degree weather) my ignition switch broke, I had it fixed; ran good for awhile; up until a month ago the engine started spluttering and idles really low (2 RPM when starts up and drops to 1; but when idling it was 1.5 RPM and drops to .5 RPM) well at this point I replaced all the fuses; put in fuel injector cleaner in it and still ran low.  
Well up until today the alternator rolls but doesn't fire up.  If I gas it; it still does the same thing.  It ran fine the night previously; rained pretty hardcore last night to early morning and now doesn't start... am I missing something or could it possibly be the alternator? or maybe something like the fuel filter/air filter being plugged up?

105

One thing you could try is like you said replace the fuel filter. Another thing that I think could couse it to have these issues is the timing might be off and be in need of ajustment. other than that there are many other things you could do it just depends how much effort you want to put in

10

So I replaced the Spark Plugs; Fuel Filter; Changed the Oil; changed the Air Filter. Runs ok, still rolls when it rains have to flip ignition; stop; flip ignition; stop. This will get it to start. Thinking maybe it could be the actual fuel injector... The RPM came up a bit (not completely) but still loses momentum sometimes whilst applying the gas. Sometimes when it starts up it will run for about 5 seconds then clunk out. usually just gotta restart the engine again and it runs fine. Anymore Suggestions?