Engine Miss ???????

Asked by Mar 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM about the 1992 Ford E-150 Chateau Club Wagon

we have a 1992 conversion ford van, it has a slight miss to it  and I cant figure it out  and its driveing me crazy,,what can one do for this ???

3,220

Secondary side of the ignition undoubtedly. Buy yourself a premium tune up kit and whip it in some sunny Saturday with a beer and a friend.

New set 0' wires will fix you up...if it's studdering, especially in wet weather, this will be your solution.

Cracked distributor will show carbon traces as on this one it's one of those rediculous clown caps which will leave giant traces-

you might just look at the distributor cap BEFORE any wire repacement~

8,595

First question is which engine? My first thought is that if you have done a full tune up, including cap and wires, the next thing to check is the adapter ring under the cap. It can crack, or the seal can dry out. The other thing is, if you have a Windsor engine, is to make sure the wires are not crossed, and that you are using the correct firing order. There are 4 different orders for the Windsors, depending on displacement and vintage. You also have to use the cable separators. Because adjacent cylinders fire in sequence, they can cross fire, and give you a miss, even if the engine seems to run well otherwise.