My 1993 XLT Ford E-350HD extended turn signals don't work

10

Asked by Jul 07, 2014 at 10:48 AM about the 1993 Ford E-350 XLT Super Club Wagon Passenger Van Extended

my 93 E-350 Extended turn signals quit working. I used to be able to get them to work if I pulled the turn signal toward me and held it but now it's gone totally out. Brake lights work, haven't tried the hazards. Thinking it's the turn signal lever or maybe a turn signal unit located ????? Any advise would be great!

97,135

That sounds like the turn signal switch is starting to go bad, you will have to remove the column covers to gain access to the switch.

Best Answer
10

What is involved in replacing the turn signal switch in my 1993 E350 clubwagon (extended HD), are special tools involved or is it easy to replace? Does the steering wheel need to be removed or just the column cover? Is this something I should let a mechanic deal with? My brother is pretty mechanical and I was going to help him. Thank you for your information Deb

97,135

I am showing 2 columns in a van, once you get the covers you will be able to tell if the wheel has to be removed, but I don't think it will. Sometimes Ford will sneek in some sheer bolts or even tamper-proof torn, but at it is just a turn switch it shouldn't have anything special. Some mechanical prowness will be necessary to do this job. So your brother should be able to handle it.

Please search your van / recalls. I seem to remember seeing a recall for this exact issue. The dealer will run your vin, if your van is included in the recall it will he repaired for free.

10

Thank you Rich, I did have a recall last month but it was something for the cruise control switch I believe, got it fixed.