Just had my 2005 Chevy trailblazer rebuilt, car is hesitating or bucking at one and half rpms, was doing this prior to trans blowing, could it be solenoids, are new solenoids included with a rebuilt trans

10

Asked by Aug 06, 2015 at 09:41 AM about the 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD

2,315

Do you have any check engine lights?

10

Originally, months ago when the problem started with the tranny I had a code of po756 which is shift sol B Ckt perf stuck off. Tranny started slipping, would not go into drive, put trans tune in it and car ran, but I still had the problem with the car hesitating or bucking at one and half rpms, knew.i needed a new tranny, ran it until it totally blew, no codes coming on or check engine light, still hesitating at one half rpms, went back to mechanic because it is under warrantee, said he will look at it, but started giving me a song and dance that it might be something else, I think that is b.s don't want to get ripped off by the mechanic. Can u answer me back. Thank u

2,315

Well, I'm guessing it could be the solenoids honestly. If the Transmission is rebuilt all the o rings and seals should be fine. However if the solenoids aren't replaced it sometimes they only rebuilt it with new gaskets and o rings usually the basics replaced. Otherwise the solenoids let the fluid run through different ports of the valve body and if they are not functioning they will cause shifting problems. That code you gave me as well said No First or Second Gear and possible causes - Low transmission fluid level - Dirty transmission fluid - Faulty 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve - 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve harness or connectors - 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve circuit is open or shorted So, I'm thinking it could be related to the bucking.

10

Thank u for your response, should I expect the mechanic to put new solenoids in the transmission at no extra cost. How many solenoids are there in the transmission.

10

From the answer u gave me, it sounds like three solenoids, should he replace all solenoids in transmission.

10

Also, I paid 1800 dollars for a rebuilt transmission, 1 yr, 12,000 mile warrantee.

10

Had transmission done two was ago.

2,315

I believe your vehicle has two solenoids 1-2 and 2-3 solenoid or A and B. I would replace them both if I were you. It's hard to say if they will put it in for no extra cost depends what the mechanic decides.

10

The saga continues, brought the car back, asked if solenoids were replaced, he first said if they were his guy would have written it down, I am assuming they would have had to be ordered, his guy that did the trans was not there so he called him and the guy said he replaced them, I don't believe him, anyway.one of the mechanics takes a test drive with me and can see the problem, he hooks up the code scanner, drives the car with me, I am holding the scanner and when the car hesitates he asks me if the number 4 is changing on the scanner, it wasn't changing, he said it was not the transmission, it might be an engine problem. Also when we test drove it he had me shift to number 3 when it was hesitating and it stopped hesitating at one and half rpms. They said to bring the car back for an engine problem. Later on I took the car for a ride and ran it in number 3, it didn't hesitate, put it in drive and it hesitated at one and half rpms. Why would it do that, isn't changing the gear into 3 part of the transmission? I am tempted to bring the car to a transmission shop, have them see if the A. And. B solenoids were replaced, if I do that, would it cause a problem with new trans if pan was dropped and fluid was taken out and then replace ?

2,315

I would take it to a Transmission specialist. Some Mechanics give you the run around.

10

Thank u, what really stinks is that I have been going to this shop for 25 yrs.

10

Is it possible that it is the Tom or pcm

10

Could it be the pcm or Ecm. Anyone have any ideas?