wont start

5

Asked by Jul 17, 2009 at 05:43 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 Dr STD Convertible

my 93 olds cutlass supreme convertible will not start, i had a engine diagnosis done and i was told it was the cam shaft sensor so i changed it, it still will not start, there is fuel, battery terminals are good, and new spark plugs.....please help me

95

what is it doing? does it crank over? do you have spark?

65

The car will run with out a cam sensor, it will be hard to start but will run. Look more at the Ignition module or Crank Sensor / Harmonic ballancer. I'd lean more on the ignition module they are a common problem. Ask Tyler and he will tell you, I know these engines in and out.

105

Further to your no start. It is common for the Crankshaft position sensor to give a camshaft fault code, so I might try that.

40

Did u find out wat it is I'm have the same shit wit my 1997 cutlass

i own a 93 3.3 ciera, suddenly stop starting as usual, try to start but nothing, fuel>yes, spark>yes, injectors workign>yes, cranksensor signal>yes, solution?: take apart de serpentine belt, remove armonic balancer pulley, clean it with gasoline, check for bends, clean crancksensor, , your car will start again.

15

I own a 1997 Oldsmobile cutlass.i'am have some problems with it.i took it to the shop.it keep dying out when started.when it does start the motor ramp up.i have to ramp the engine up for it to stay started.i had new spark plugs and wires put on it.i replaced the mass airflow sensor,I replaced the vapor canister purge solenoid. Plus when the put it on the machine it want show up anything. Do anyone knows what my problem could be.i bought the car it had over 100 thousand miles.them on day it quit working.so to a used car place a bought one it had over 50 thousand miles.now it over 76 thousand miles on tit