1993 Ciera 3.3 overheats.

Asked by May 14, 2014 at 03:54 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4 Dr S Sedan

My Ciera overheats when sitting in traffic for long periods of time Happen twice. It's got 110,00. It doesn't burn oil. It doesn't smoke.Runs great that is the only issue I have had with it.

107,315

That sounds like the cooling fans are not operating.

Thanks, that's what a couple of other people said too.

Deffinantly cooling fan my 92 is doing the same thing opened hood while car was running and started over heating fan woulddnt kick on gave it a little push with screw driver and fan started spinnig and engine cooled back down

Thanks. I will try that.

20

Check your fan relay. Its located under the hood, right behind the passenger side head light. Should be 4 little grey or black relay boxes. You can unsnap them and test them. The connecter that the relay snaps onto can go out as well. I just went through that with mine. The fan still needed to be replaced, so Idk if the fan went out and it blew the relay fuse and connector, or the other way around.