change air filter on mark vii 1996

Asked by Mar 12, 2016 at 02:35 PM about the 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

385

Although I've never changed a Lincoln's air filter, it should be very similar to any air filter installation. The air filter box is located in front of the engine compartment. Using either a socket set, open end or pliers.. remove the screw hardware from the boxes lid. Typically the screws have been placed with a clip configuration which just un-snaps from the sides of the air box allowing one to access the filter. Disconnecting at least 4 screws or clips, one can then access and extract the filter from the air box. If you're replacing the standard of stock filter with a K&N filter.. be advised to check and maintain the K&N filter routinely.