We bled the brakes but pedal is still going all the way to the floor and not stopping the car.

10

Asked by Jun 27, 2015 at 07:17 AM about the 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr STD Coupe

16,790

Did you have any brake work done before this happened ?

10

The only thing I'm aware of is brake pads put on front brakes...we bled front brakes the other day and it acted better for a few days but now there's no stopping it...

16,790

If you look at the brake fluid level in your master brake cylinder is the fluid low or empty since you bled the brakes ?

16,790

If it is low or empty you have a leak some were if not most likely cause is the master cylinder.

19,675

Who put the pads on? Have them recheck it- if no leaks, there must be air in the system- rebleed it starting at the back brakes with the longest brake line- next longest, then next-

10

What is the correct order to bleed the brakes?

16,790

Did you remove the brake line from the calipers when you did the brakes ? If so yes there could be air in the lines but if not there should be no air in the lines. You only get air when you remove parts from brake system.

16,790

You do not need to to remove brake hose or open bleeder screw to replace brake pads.

65

K