1993 Lexus SC400 won't start - not even turn over (intermittent)

10

Asked by Nov 01, 2013 at 09:10 AM about the 1993 Lexus SC 400 Base

Came out of work...would not start ( not even a clicking sound) - tried to jump it...nothing.  Pulled battery then put it back in...started right up. This morning, again, dead. Jumping did not help. disconnected battery cables and reattached - still nothing. Interior lights work, but when I try to adjust power seats, they barely move and the lights dim to almost nothing. Assuming it's an electrical issue...but very confused. Any thoughts? (It was raining last night - so not sure if that had anything to do with it)  Scheduled to have timing belt/waterpump/serpentine belt all replaced this week...but need it to start to get car to the garage...

390

Something might be killing your battery or you need a new one. how old is the battery?

10

Not sure. Bought car about 3 weeks ago...was running okay (though I knew I needed waterpump/timing belt changed). When I pullt he battery cables I gett the sparks...and when I tried to Jump it, there was no improvement...which makes me think it's not the battery. On older cars, I had to replace distributor cap/rotor which fixed the issue of not starting in the rain. Not sure if this is still a symptom on newer cars. I know there are 2 dist. caps on this...but unsure if rain would effect the electrical system.

30

Auto parts places like Pep Boys will test your battery for free. Good intensive load test, etc....