when cold the engine turns over but no spark. Keep trying and eventually it starts

10

Asked by Jan 29, 2015 at 12:51 PM about the 1998 Dodge Ram Van 3 Dr 3500 Maxi Cargo Van Extended

When cold the engine turns over perfectly, but has no spark.  After a few attempts, or when the day warms up, it will eventually start and run perfectly.  When warm the engine starts perfectly every time. Changed the fuel pump, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, engine shut-off relay, but no joy.

200

How do you know the engine has no spark when cold? Have you ever heard of Sea-Foam? Put two cans in your gas tank and a half a can in your engine and then run it for a while. It is amazing what that stuff does.

10

I know there was no spark when cold because I pulled a plug wire, put a spark plug on it, grounded the plug against the block, and turned the engine over. Also, I sprayed some engine starting fluid into the carburetor and turned the engine over. No joy. After the weather warmed up, around noon, I tried again, and the engine started after 2-3 tries.

200

Your fuel injectors are suspect here. Do what I told you to do first. It could be a fuel sensor though as well.

We bought a dodge 2014 , the winter , sometime wont start , nothing work, I have to towing to the garage and they haven't find th problem