Dodge ram 350 front end shake Diesel

Asked by Apr 05, 2013 at 06:59 PM about the 1993 Dodge RAM 350 2 Dr STD Turbodiesel Extended Cab LB

I own a 1993 diesel dogde 350 dually. Had the front end inspected and was told all ok. I get a bad vibration around 65-72. I've have read about the newer dodges having problems. Was this a problem with older rams as well. New tire/balanced did not help. Would rotors cause this? But o shake when stopping. Thank you.

Many older trucks have the same thing. As the truck gets older, everything gets worn and loose. We replaced many parts on my daughter's '96 Jeep with not much luck. Here's a link to another thread about the "death wobble".

We've got to eliminate what can/will wobble from the equation. I'd replace the transmission and engine mounts just for good measure, any rubber mounting body/engine mounts and replace the steering dampener- be sure there are not any loose tie rod ends and ball joints----inspect with a big channel locks~

Mark Sillitoe

could be a shock or a warped brake disk

When you say inspected, does that mean they checked the alignment too, or just for play in the components? Almost sounds like a fluttering of the wheels caused by even the smallest amount of play in the components. Maybe tie rod ends. A truck that size and a known problem you should be running a quarter inch toe in. When it does that going down the road stick your head way out the window and look to see what you can see the tire doing. Have somebody else do the other side. Probably just needs a pinch more toe in is all.

Thanks everyone. Sounds likeI should just get rid of it. 107800 miles but not worth as much as the repairs. Its good condition but we just don't use it much any more to spend alot of money on it. Just won't drive fast.

I would be interested in it.