front brake line fittings on 1994 Lumina van

Asked by Sep 18, 2012 at 05:03 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3 Dr STD Passenger Van

I'm replacing brake lines on a 1994 Chevy Lumina van. Come to find out the fittings where the lines screw into the master cylinder have two different configurations. Two are coarse thread, and two are fine. The fine seem to be a bit longer, perhaps 3/32". It's bad enough that this is my first time doing this, but the parts dealer only sold me fine nuts. OK, so I can use the coarse nuts that I took out, but I don't remember which ones are front and which are rear. I'm thinking the fine threaded nuts are for the front. Can you give me a clue?

31,135

Can you try screwing them in by hand? Just be gentle try starting the coarse in the rear.

That's what I'm attempting to do. Still having trouble making bubble flares. Got one right, but got tired and kept screwing up the other end. I'll go at it again today.

31,135

Before you flare the lines with the fitting on them screw them in.