my 91 chevy van is no getting fuel in the carb, new fuel punp filter egr valve i stumpped

10

Asked by Jan 10, 2015 at 01:29 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G20 Cargo Van

8,130

This has TBI not a carb, right ? This has an in tank fuel pump you recently replaced ? yes ? Is there an issue with the power and ground to the pump? The connector at the pump ? or the method of assembly of the pump. all are possible. even a defective new part can be the issue.

8,130

Your fuel pressure can be checked with the proper gauge behind the throttle body injection assembly. the fuel is high pressure. precautions should be taken and Read a manual. The haynes manual for these is full of preliminary inspections and photo's. It can be borrowed from the public library if you need it, you can call ahead and locate one.

10

I think it might be the control module because when I spray starter in it it starts but then dies lack of fuel

8,130

You would have just found that the ignition control module was able to activate the spark, and the spark was getting to the plugs and they were firing. since you had to make a fuel source, and it dies from lack of fuel, you must return to the top of this page and reread the postings.