1990 G20 Headlights flash off and on

Asked by Nov 02, 2010 at 09:05 AM about the 1990 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G20 Cargo Van

When I turn the headlights on, only the high beams work and then they start flashing. You can see the green driving light flash off and on and at the same time the actual headlights are flashing off and on. Any ideas would be very helpful, thanks.

185

SOUNDS LIKE A SHORT IN THE STEERING COLUM

225

A couple things can cause this...higher than normal amperage headlamps (100watt instead of 65 watt) or weak circuit protection in the headlamp switch. If your low beams don't work, and you're absolutely sure the headlamp bulbs are good--your dimmer switch is the culprit there.

80

i dont know answer!

80

my low beam works but after few min. my lights go off & on! =??

80

whats my ans.

70

Ok, we have a 1994 Chevy conversion van in our shop for repairs for the same problem, just with the low beam head lights going off and on, we replace the head light switch, didn't help, we also tried a hi low beam switch, still didn't help, so were going deeper in to it to see my be if a mouse got in the wiring ,we have seen a lot of that for different electrical problems. when we find the fix for this Chevy I will let you all know.

70

OK ' we had replaced the light switch on the dash with a local parts store part, we installed it and let the van run for a few mines and the lights started going off an on again, we found out that there is a built in breaker in the head light switch, so what we did was we got one from the GM Dealer ,we installed it .We let the van run for one hour, the lights never went off an on again. So you have to buy the light switch from a dealer. This should take care of every ones problem. Hope this helps every one.