charging issues

10

Asked by Sep 11, 2012 at 04:02 AM

I replaced alternator stilll not charging

3,420

is it a fused alternator? look in the fuse panel for one.

34,015

The alternator has a wire in a plug going to it with the key on it should have the same voltage as the battery. It tells the alternator to turn on if the wire has no voltage which I bet is the case then there will be no charge. Same thing happened to my buddies 95. The wire went from the passengers side shock tower down next to the motor mount where it got pinched back up the engine to the alternator. I cut the wire and spliced it up top.

10,235

Is it just your gauge indicating no charge? Have you checked the voltage at the battery when the car is running?