can you change the car if you haven't signed your finance papes

Asked by Brenda May 08, 2021 at 05:05 PM

Question type: General

If have finances a car and you haven't signed papers on the car, can you
change the papers  because you found the car you wanted?

2 Answers

You want to back out on a deal with a seller? I suppose you can but if you signed papers with the seller you may have legal problems. What FV are you buying?

1 people found this helpful.

Most States now have some kind of cooling off period law for big purchases such as a house or vehicle. In NJ for example it's 3 days. You can legally back out of the deal with no legal issues. Check your State's law to be sure. Hope that helps! Jim

1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer:

Own this car?

Share your experience with others.

CarGurus Experts

  • #1
    james sparrow
View All

Know more, shop wisely


Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.