I have a 2006 Chevy Tahoe that hesitates to start so far I've changed the crank sensor the camshaft assistance a and also to fuel pump assembly and my truck still hesitate to start can anybody help me

John Cromedy

Asked by Apr 07, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Throwing parts at it is just expensive, Have a code scan done to see if there is a problem with any of the sensors. Hard starting can be as simple as a tune up. Always check things out first.

John Cromedy

here's the thing my check engine light was and I bought a scanner,the code came back p 0342 which is camshaft position sensor a bank 1circuit low input. from there I bought a camshaft position sensor and replace it but the check engine light still wouldn't go out.I scanned it again and the same code came back p0 342. so then I bought a crank sensor to see if it what's the problem.scanned it a third time and the same code came back. so I check my fuel pump and my fuel pressure would not stay up so I replaced it. so far I replaced the camshaft position sensor,the crank sensor and the fuel pump and my truck still says p 0342. any ideas what it could be.

I can only assume that the computer has not recognized the new parts. Disconnect the neg. battery cable, wait a few minute to let the computer reset itself. Hope this helps!!