my car will not start.

Asked by Sep 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

my 94 cavalier will not turn over. all the lights come on like its gettin plenty of power but it does not even make a noise. it just happen out of the blue. what can b worng with it?

i ment 95

111,175

Sounds like a connection/battery issue. Check all battery connections they must be clean and tight. Also check the negative battery connections on the frame and motor they to must be clean and tight. Check and clean starter connections. If all that checks out have battery tested. If its ok then have starter tested.

10,245

Check the above. Then give this a try. Is it a manual or auto. Manual ensure the clutch is pushed all the way down. #1 head smacker I've seen is new aftermarket floor mats that don't let the clutch travel down as far as it needs to go. Check the neutral and clutch safety switches. Auto check the gear position switch.

battery conncetion is fine and it is brand new. its a automatic. i jusr came home from work one nite and parked it got up the next mornin and i wouldnt do anything.