looking for an owners manual or restoreation book on a 1987 1/2 ton c10 pick-up

Asked by Jun 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM

my chevey truck has dual gas tanks . Is that rare ? Can't seem to fined information anywhere

75

You should be able to go online and review a copy of your manual or purchase one.

Best Answer

I tried that with brothers and ecklers

615

It is an option on most of the 80's chevys. My 88 had them.

an owners manual does not tell you have to fix the car .you can find them on ebay. you can go to auto zone or online and get a chilton repair manual they have them for repairs,specs, & body work.

385

LMC Truck resto is a wealth of info and parts. Classic Ind. is as well. My '87 has dual tanks also. A 20 gal on the driver's side& a 16 gal on the right. Fairly common. Auto Zone carries tanks, pumps & sending units, high pressure fuel line & clamps, or can quickly order them

900

It isn't rare; mine has two tanks also. It was a buyer's option. Each tank holds 12 gallons and the fuel lines are switched with a solenoid driven valve located on the chassis rail, just in front of the passenger side tank. The switch to operate the valve should be located on the dash, down low near the center. It's a two position rocker switch with added momentary position for each direction. The momentary position actuates the solenoid and the fixed position switches the fuel level sender wire. You can check the fuel level in either tank without actually switching the valve as long as you don't push the switch to it's momentary contact position. The "Fuel Tank Selector Valve" is available at the parts stores for about $40 to $80 (some are plastic and some are stainless). I can't find a part number for the switch. You may need to go to an electronics supply house to find an equivalent.