whats my 1955 265 V8 engine worth

Asked by Mar 12, 2012 at 01:12 PM

how much can i sell my original 1955 265 V8 engine for

5

they are a special motor 55-57 265 v8 will not except side motor mount. they are not worth much,only to restorers you will be lucky to get 500.00 if it is all there. the four barrel carburetor and the generator with power asset pump are the items worth any money

110

If you have room prep the engine for storage (remember, that is your #'s matching engine). If you have the room keep the original engine with the car for future generations. Just a thought. -dragcar-

10

WHAT IS MY "TRUE" 1955 CHEVY V8 Short Block Worth ? 1955 Chevrolet 265 V8 - "TRUE" - ENGINE (block,crank,rods & pistons all together) Crank and pistons in block. Short Block "ONLY", NO Intake manifold, carb, timing cover, front engine mounts, water pump or valve covers.. 1955 motors do not have side motor mounts. Will need complete rebuild. Perfect for a correct year restoration in your old 1955 Chevrolet... It has "NO" oil filter on block, "NO"starter holes on block, also "NO" mounts on side of block. Would be the style with two front engine mounts, that all would be all correct for any 1955 CHEVY with V8. It is fully rebuildable engine, to restore this old engine back to original and be a "TRUE" 1955 Chevy V8 Engine... Local pick up only in; SIMI VALLEY, CA. Contact JEFF at; (Eight,0,five) three,six,7, - six,two,5,9

10

I have one that is coded to a square bore Rochester casting date 10/56. Had the intake and carb, but the motor rolled over and cracked the carb housing.

10

I thought that without the cast-in side mounts standard from 58 on, my engine would be worth something. As it is numbers matching for a 1956- 1957, I'm wrong. Just worth scrap value essentially. Just like my 68 large journal steel 307 crank, junk. I've had it for ten years, I'll scrap it in another ten if no interest is generated.