clutch hose

5

Asked by Oct 29, 2011 at 04:04 PM

I have a 85 chevy k-10 and need to replace the clutch hose but don't want to pay 83.00 for it ( highway robbery) so i would like to use some brake line with a brake hose in the middle. What vehicle would have a 6 in or longer brake hose with female ends on it that would work with the brake line, i live in very rural wv so my options are limited to advance auto. I called advance auto but they were not to helpful as far as the brake hose.

1,305

if its just standard style fittings you could make one up with a standard brake line and a flare nut union, but i would not trust a compression fitting, they are unsafe for brakes but might hold up fine for a clutch, but personally id rather be safe then sorry but with brake lines you will need to use a flex line to keep the lines from breaking, might end up costing more then you think