the hose on top of my water pump leaks, can it be replaced?

Asked by Jan 17, 2007 at 08:20 AM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

The hose or line leaks at the very beginning of the line or hose. I lose the water in my radiator.

2 Answers


Hello, Yes, it can be replaced. If you want more details, you need to let us know what kind of car you have, please. CarGrrl

Of course!! just want to know if we can cut a length of 5/8 from the reel, or if it is a special moulded rubber piece. If it's really tough to get to, I recommend braided stainless aircraft fuel hose. you'll need a rotary grinder to get thru to cut it, but it is worth every penny. If this is just a matter of tightening a clamp, and you've only got one of those spring clamps, which cannot be tightened, take it off of there and use a screw type 'breeze' clamp, and tighten it. You still haven't told us what kind of monster we are dealing with here--

Your Answer:

Chevrolet Experts

  • #1
    Tom Demyan
  • #2
  • #3
    John Carson
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.