I just had my Cadillac converter replace bought it brand new. Drove my car on the highway in stall out . I went to try to restart it. And it's acting as if my car is dead. Will not let me remove key

Asked by Aug 22, 2015 at 08:08 PM

2007 Chevy Impala. My car stall out
act like its out of gas replace the
Cadillac converter. Now it is still
stalling out. And now new problem it
acts as if battery is dead .

14,115

Tiffany, OK, I see, you replaced your CATALYTIC CONVERTER. Your battery has nothing to do with that, but, check out your charging system. If you're a member of AAA, they'll come and check out all this at no charge, tell you what's wrong and sell you a great battery. Call them now. You'll be glad you did.

14,115

The more I think about it, you probably do have an alternator problem. The battery starts the car, but, the alternator charges the battery while you drive. The two work together. They'll explain all of this to you. Are you a AAA member?

Ok so I went to the car shop cause my car was stalling out act like it was out of gas. I took it the the shop Friday . Had a new Cadillac converter put on. The man said I need a lower oxygen sensor. He said I will be fine for about two weeks. Buy that part bring it up he will do it for free. So I get on the highway to take my kids to coney my car starts stalling out I pull over. Turn the car off, start my car I have no power in my keys are inside of the ignition

14,115

Again, it sounds like an electrical problem, nothing to do with your emissions system.