koenigsegg

Asked by Oct 20, 2008 at 06:26 PM

how much horse power does a koenigsegg ccxr have?

1001hp

55

more like 806. that is one serious car.

225

Well, we've got an correct answer for a Veyron and a CCX, but the CCXR is tuned to run on biofuel and therefore develops 1018bhp.

55

CCXR's 4.7L modified twin-supercharged engine from the CCX is converted to run on E85, E100, as well as standard 98 octane. 1018 bhp on E85 Ethanol Biofuel / 806bhp on regular petrol (CCX is also 806bhp on 91 Octane). These numbers, however can be somewhat confused with the Edition CCX/CCXR models; 888bhp for the CCX Edition / 1018bhp for the CCXR Edition, both equipped with remapped 4.8L, more tuned and powerful than the early CCX models with the Ford Modular V8.

1001 is the bugatti veyron. heres a pretty reliable site, it should have what you want

http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars-2007/koenigsegg-specifications/koenigsegg_ccxr-1720

5

CCX is 806bhp on 91RON, meaning approx 880bhp on 98RON. CCXR is 1,018PS or 1,004bhp. Which means a CCXR produces over 210bhp/litre displacement. That I can think of, the only road legal car that matches this figure is the Caparo T1.

225

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Koenigsegg stopped using the Ford engine with the CCR, and the CCX engine was designed in-house. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDKGEK9OfKw

5

Clarkson is a twitt (funny twitt). It was never a Ford "engine". The block was Fords v8 Modular Racing Block, and the rest of the engine was bespoke for or by Koenigsegg. The CCX and all subsequent engines are Koenigsegg designed and cast in Italy. Name another car maker that uses carbon fibre cam covers. I know Ford doesn't.

225

I was actually referring to the block its self, not the entire engine, but thanks for the clarification.