03 Mazda Tribute

Asked by Apr 06, 2017 at 03:18 PM

Looking to do a heathy new power train swap in my
beloved triby. Just hit 200k and still running strong ,
I wanna treat here to something nice . Any ideas ?
What is even possible of not possible

79,635

If it is running strong why swap out the drive train? There really are no practical options other than the stock equipment. If you have a 4 banger in it you could install a V6 from the same year car. Rebuild the engine and transmission when they need it, not as a preventative.

I mean I wanna roadkill it . It has allwheel . With locks . No has ever done a tribute . I will be the first . Just wondering if there's a Frankenstein swap out there

79,635

If you have a very fat wallet you could convert it to a true 4x4 although you might need to have tube frame built for it. You could build a hot V6 engine for it. No room for a V8.

79,635

Maybe it would be possible to install the body onto a modified Ranger chassis - Maybe.

Can I get performance parts for that stock motor and just build that block up to a nice blown v6 ? Like do things fit on my v6 3.0?

257,705

Your wasting your time and money. Tributes are for daily driving and not to be hot rodded. Keep it running for getting parts for your toy car your going to buy.

79,635

Search for this article --- PERFORMANCE TRENDS: 2001 KENNE- BELL SUPERCHARGED ESCAPE

Nea sayer Tom , I appreciate it F_O_R. It's not about wasting time Tom . It's the passion , of doing something that's never been done before bro . And working with what u have

79,635

Tom is right Marcos but it is your money and your car. Good luck.

Supercharger it is

257,705

Marco, I speak from experience. I have a Tribute and would never put money into it, it's a Taurus that sits up high. Any money you put into it, you will never get back. It's almost worthless now as it sits. I put my money into my Foxbody Mustang to be fast.