Taken out seats

Asked by Feb 11, 2017 at 02:20 AM

2010! Accord lx I'm not good with tools and can't
stand greasy hands so bare with me I would like to
know how to take out the front seats so I can detail
the car I hear things about the air bags and mine
were a recall but I haven't taken it in yet so what do
I need to know.

98,445

What kind of detailing are you doing that requires you remove the seats? I've only seen this done when the carpets have mold growing and they needed disinfected and then shampooed and hung to dry, otherwise they use the little hand held carpet tool that will fit right under the seats and gets a lot of the crud. If you really are going to remove the seats you must wait at least 20 to 30 minutes with the key off before electrically the seat air bags, you will see the connectors when you get the seat bolts out and can lift the seat up enough to tho do all the disconnecting, and yes it can get very dirty, when I work on my own rigs I use a good pair of nitrile gloves, they are thin enough to allow you to feel small nuts and and screws and thick enough that they won't rip open if you do find a sharp bit of metal. Good luck

It's more for my own comfort being so tall and no mold just trying get back as a driver and would like my car to be as clean as possiable and I've been living in it for over 5 months so just imagine

98,445

Oh Yeah, I see what you mean, what I would do is vacuum really well, then get some Resolve carpet spray cleaner and follow the directions, I have even sprayed this stuff under the seats and used a crevice tool to vacuum up under the seats, just be careful and don't spray any thing electrical, that stuff really works, it gets down in and lifts the dirt and crud up so when it dries you just vacuum it up. On really tuff stuff you can use a scrub brush to work it in. HTH