Is there a problem with the CarGurus Contact Request functionality?

Asked by Jan 27, 2017 at 09:13 AM

Question type: Car Selling & Trading In

As a seller, twice now I have received a contact request regarding the car I
have for sale.  I respond as soon as I am able but nothing after that.  It seems
potential buyers are not getting my responses and I see that others have had
a similar experience.  Any advice?

52,595

This is the car repair question forum. Take it up with CarGurus by using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

79,455

E-mail seems to be a poor way to communicate with potential car buyers. Phone calls are a better way to go and show that the buyer is serious.

Bob, thank you for the response, I will do that. By the way, sorry for being a newb to CarGurus, but I chose the 'Car Selling and Trading In' question category, so it seems appropriate. F_O_R, I totally agree with you, however CarGurus will not allow me to put a phone number in my ad. I tried to do that when I first posted but it wouldn't let me post with it in there.