Insurance

Asked by Oct 11, 2016 at 05:19 PM

I'm a 16 year old boy looking for a first car. I've
priced a 2.0t gen coupe at 5200 a year. This is a
little out of my parents range. So my question is
what car could I get that's still fun to drive but under
4K a year? My insurance company is metropolitan if
it makes a difference.

35

Big engine - Young guy.. Yup - Insurance will be high. Have you thought about just getting liability? If you own the car outright, you don't HAVE to have collision - but remember - if you wreck the car the insurance company will not pay to fix YOUR car.

1,990

The best thing to do is get some really old sports car, like a early 80s Porsche. It's an old car, so it's not considered to be of great value to an insurance company. I got one for my son when he was 16, put the car and the insurance in my name, and got it for $21 a month. You just have to drive it carefully like my son did, don't wreck it, don't get any tickets, and you'll be fine.

35

Larkin - Did you have collision on the Porsche?

I would finance the cars so I need collision on my insurance

It maybe outrageous on insurance but what about like a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8? The reason I ask because it's fast but is considered a SUV