Best used car to buy under $6000

Asked by Sep 18, 2016 at 03:12 PM

I am looking to buy an used car for family/ commuting.  I am looking to pay $6k
max. Which make and model would be the best for my money?

264,445

Too many to pick from. Sedan, SUV, Crossover, wagon, then how old and miles, etc. I'd narrow it down to 2 or 3 models and then ask.

585

With a $6k used car, the car's maintenance history is more important than the make and model. Be sure to shop for something that has a clean Carfax record, and has received it's oil changes and wear items replaced on time.

1,990

If you have $6,000 to spend on a used car, you're going to have a lot of cars to choose from. From my experience, the best and most dependable car that has ever been on U.S. highways is the Honda Accord. Spend $5,000 on the car, then put the other thousand aside for oil changes, tires, brake jobs, and insurance.