2006 chevrolet silverado 1500 manual transmission

Asked by Sep 18, 2016 at 03:45 AM

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 manual
transmission. I am trying to figure out under the
hood there is a green cap that you can turn and
twist off is that where I feel with transmission
fluid? Or can anyone give me any insight as to
where to fill transmission fluid on this vehicle
possibly send an image? Any insight would be
helpful thank you

16,125

Does it have any symbols on the cap.

345

from my experience the only green cap i see or notice is for EVAP testing. transmission should have a dip stick on passenger side of engine. most of the time it will have a red cap.

16,125

On this site you can download a owners manual free. Copy & Paste:::::https://www.manualowl.com/a/Chevrolet/2006-Silverado%201500%20Pickup/Manual/1357

No symbols just says to tighten by hand. There is no dipstick for the transmission.

16,125

Is the post I added about the owners manual download site been posted yet, on my end it say it will post shortly.

No sir, no owner manual downloaded.

16,125

I will try again.

16,125

https://www.manualowl.com/a/Chevrolet/2006-Silverado%201500%20Pickup/Manual/1357

16,125

Copy & Paste It.

345

is truck automatic or standard

345

if truck is standard/manuel, you have to check fluid by going under truck and somewhere on the left or right of trans,half way from top to bottom should be removeable screw,sometime it looks like diff plug or a really big L wrench screw. remove with truck on level surface and put finger inside and fill for fluid. if theres too much let it pour out that hole. if noting comes out and you cant fill any fluid by putting finger in hole. add manuel trans fluid.