Is there a way to keep the radio on in my 2013 Ford Escape after the car is turned off? It has push button start so there is no "accessory" as on the older cars. Right now it turns off anywhere between 3-10 minutes indicating a battery backup. Does this mean something is wrong with my battery. Thanks.

Asked by Sep 09, 2016 at 02:03 PM

950

Their are a couple different was you could make the radio to stay on. It just depends on your understand of electrical and how you would want to go about it. One way would be to jump a ground to the radio relay through a toggle switch or something along those lines. I would not do that to my car. I would end up not turning if off and would find myself coming out to do to work and having to deal with a dead battery

247,465

Yes, the system works like that so that radio is shut off to save enough battery power to start the car next time. If the battery is weak this will happen. Is it the original battery? What is the voltage? Have the battery checked/tested and replace if necessary. If that is all good, a trip to the dealer is in order,as there is an electrical issue that might need attention.