Electrical problem

Asked by Aug 29, 2016 at 01:25 PM

Okay so I just bought a 2003 Mazda protege 4dr.  
My headlights where left on and therfore my
battery died. A new battery was placed it in and
still is not turning on. Nothing happens.  There is
no charge going thru it when my father tried to
jump it with his cables. what could be the issue?  
Please help

1,415

check all relays check all fuses etc, check for power on the starter solenoid direct from battery, may be poor connection, check for about 12.2 volts across the battery itself also my advise to you is to take your automobile to your local shop and a qualified technician should be able to diagnose the malfunctioning automobile

Okay we checked all fuses nothing was blown. Hopefully we can get someone to look at it. Thank you I appreciate your response.

1,415

check the connection on the starter solenoid and check the battery voltage may be a duff battery! which you should be able to get swapped