Carfax vs competitor

Asked by Aug 19, 2016 at 10:41 AM

Is there any benefit of using carfax over vinaudits.org? Carfax is over 3x more
expensive, just wondering if it has more information. or anything.

69,405

I'm not real familiar with the other vehicle history report companies but I can tell you that Carfax shows maintenance and repair visits including the name and phone number of the service facility, as well as what was done. If an accident is reported Carfax will sometimes show you the incident report number and the municipality where the accident occurred. I'm not sure if the others do all that. This gives you the information needed to contact these service facilities and municipalities and gather more information if you choose. Most service facilities, except BMW, that I've contacted about specific vehicles have been very forthcoming. BMW has a very strict privacy policy and usually won't give out any information on any vehicle unless you're the owner. Accident reports are public information so most police departments will give you a copy of the report for a small fee. Whether you were involved or not. HTH. - Jim

15

we have seen many things including even salvage history missing from those other "alternative reports, why do you htink they dont offer buyback guarantees, cause they are 90% accurate but do you really want to take the chance for the 10% difference. Get your autocheck and carfax reports for cheap www.carvin123.com

10

I doubt vinaudit have photos. I use www.epicvin.com to check vin numbers. They are cheaper than Carfax and have photos. Check their sample report https://www.epicvin.com/en/sample-vin-history- report