Carfax vs competitor

Asked by Aug 19, 2016 at 10:41 AM

Question type: General

Is there any benefit of using carfax over vinaudits.org? Carfax is over 3x more
expensive, just wondering if it has more information. or anything.

3 Answers

68,515

I'm not real familiar with the other vehicle history report companies but I can tell you that Carfax shows maintenance and repair visits including the name and phone number of the service facility, as well as what was done. If an accident is reported Carfax will sometimes show you the incident report number and the municipality where the accident occurred. I'm not sure if the others do all that. This gives you the information needed to contact these service facilities and municipalities and gather more information if you choose. Most service facilities, except BMW, that I've contacted about specific vehicles have been very forthcoming. BMW has a very strict privacy policy and usually won't give out any information on any vehicle unless you're the owner. Accident reports are public information so most police departments will give you a copy of the report for a small fee. Whether you were involved or not. HTH. - Jim

15

we have seen many things including even salvage history missing from those other "alternative reports, why do you htink they dont offer buyback guarantees, cause they are 90% accurate but do you really want to take the chance for the 10% difference. Get your autocheck and carfax reports for cheap www.carvin123.com

10

I doubt vinaudit have photos. I use www.epicvin.com to check vin numbers. They are cheaper than Carfax and have photos. Check their sample report https://www.epicvin.com/en/sample-vin-history- report

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • Carfax vs competitor 3 answers

    Is there any benefit of using carfax over vinaudits.org? Carfax is over 3x more expensive, just wondering if it has more information. or anything.

    General

  • carfax 1 answer

    How do we add CARFAX account to dealer dashboard?

    General

  • premium vs leather 1 answer

    What is the difference between Premium vs Leather

    2017 Buick Enclave

    -

    General

  • 7mgte vs 1ggte 1 answer

    7mgte vs 1ggte 3L single vs 2L twins whats your thoughts

    Toyota Supra

    -

    General

  • Awd vs fwd vs 4wd 1 answer

    How do I use the VIN to determine FWD vs 4WD?

    2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT

    -

    General

Shortcuts

Search General Questions

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 49,310
#2 COMETGUY61
COMETGUY61
Reputation 39,760
#3 tenspeed
tenspeed
Reputation 16,910
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.