2002 chevy suburban ac blowing hot air,, replaced bend door actuator, still blowing hot air

Asked by Aug 07, 2016 at 02:29 AM

24,415

When you replaced the actuator were you able to move the blend door freely by hand? Anytime you replace a part you want to confirm that part was at fault. It's hard to know for certain a blend door actuator is bad because you can't see it until you open the dash up to get to it. If I replace one, I'll open the dash, then confirm the old one was bad by moving the temp switch from hot to cold and back and watching the old one to see if it moves at all. Then I confirm the new one is working by doing the same thing, before buttoning up the dash. If the blend door is still not moving, you may have a bad temp selector switch or wiring harness connector not fully seated. If you hear clicking coming from the new actuator, you may have a stuck door.

Best Answer

Thanks KenF.. im thinking bad temp selector or wiring harness..old and new part move.. but very slowly and only in one direction..

Yes KenF I was able to move door freely with hand..