car heating problem

Asked by Jun 30, 2016 at 05:59 AM

Car is heated up i checked whether the fan was
working but it was alright  then i checked radiators
inlet and outlet , the filler cap on top was hot but
when i checked at the bottom hose it was cool
then i thought their might be radiator choke
problem ,when i showed it to mechanic he opened
the radiator but it was found absolutely fine. So he
bluntly said there might be engine gasket burnt.
But  i dont think so as most probable sign of burnt
gasket is knocking which i never encountered. So
please suggest what might be the problem?
Car-maruti wagonar

96,935

Sounds like a circulation problem, just guessing as you didn't state year, make or model. Water pump impellers can corrode and then quit pumping coolant properly, you already had the radiator checked and he said it was fine, did he actually do a flow test? When did you change the thermostat?

Thankyou for the prompt reply Yes he did a blow test to check It was fine I am not very familier with the position of thermostat is it like a valve placed in the hose of raditor connecting the inlet manifold?

96,935

It is usually in the thermostat housing on the engine itself. Yes it is a type of valve.

I have checked thermostat valve its not present actually it was removed earliar when heating problem occured Checked the water pump belt its present n working but can't say about water pump being in perfect condition any test to check it?