1995 F-150 brake pedal sticks down

Asked by Jun 25, 2016 at 11:24 AM

95 F-150 has not been driven for six months . Started up and brake pedal stays stuck in depressed position and brakes are on. BUT, You can pull up the brake pedal with foot and then brakes release. If you depress pedal again it stays down again and brakes are on. Maybe this will loosen up with more use, but any suggestions on What to check first? Fluid level is good. Thank u for your ideas. stevo

Bob Beaman

Probably have a bad booster. I would bleed the brakes and flush the old fluid out. If that doesn't help look at the brake booster. Do some reading at the link, it is for Broncos not F-150s, but it is appropriate in your situation....http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/7-1980-96- bronco-tech/182689-brake-pedal-stays-down.html

had the same problem with a Taurus, dealer could find nothing, so I used a LA (lower Alabama) fix and put a "return" spring under the dash on the brake pedal. It worked for years and even traded the car in for a different model after six years.

Bob Beaman

That would not be a safe repair. Pretty sure his booster is bad.