1999 lincoln continental4.6L v8

Robb Dally

Asked by Jun 25, 2016 at 06:10 AM

I have spark and pressur threw my fuel line.
But fuel injectors are not working. My car
still will not start. What else could be the

If you know the injectors are not working properly, check to see that there is voltage running to them. Also should check the fuel pressure to insure it is correct. And do a fuel bleed down test which would indicate leaky injectors, fuel lines to the injectors, or fuel regulator. If it does not hold fuel pressure on the pressure gauge, fuel is bleeding down in the system.

Check for ignition spark the SAME controls direct and signal the ignition and injection system pulse.

fuel injectors are controlled by the ECM. You must have crankshaft, camshaft and distributor signals. If you have spark, the distributor may be OK, I say maybe, because it must be at the right time (timing could be off). The other signals can be checked at the ECM with a multi-meter. The fuel injector pulse can also be checked with the multi-meter.