Tips for negotiating the best deal on a car?

Sarah Welch

Asked by Jun 01, 2016 at 12:59 PM

I'm looking for any insider tips and tricks on negotiating a great deal on a car.  
Have heard end of month and end of year are good times due to dealers trying
to hit sales numbers, but curious what other wisdom is out there.

Call the Internet sales department for the car you're looking for. I think that this only works for new cars? Have you considered purchasing a lease return,. certified pre-owned vehicle? You can save a lot of money and get a much nicer car. Good luck.

Mark is right, contact the dealership via the internet/email. You will get the internet manager were you can negotiate a test drive and pricing even before stepping foot in the dealerships and wasting time waiting. Getting a new car at invoice and below is a good deal.