95 Ford Taurus SHO

Asked by May 30, 2016 at 11:29 AM

My son was driving and heard a bang, now there is oil/ fluid all over undercarriage
.What could it be?

98,345

Loud bangs are usually not good, plus I know how the SHO performs and how hard it is to keep your foot out of it, so based on that I am going to say it threw a rod and most likely broke the block or the oil pan.

Car ran fine afterwards,bang was a little further back than engine

98,345

So maybe transmission fluid, possible ring and pinion destruction. Was there any whine in the powertrain before this happened.

Slight whine only heard outside car

98,345

Yep still suspect the trans, did you figure out what fluid was all over everything?

Rained all day did not get to look at it