1982 dodge ram

Asked by May 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM

Having charging problem with battery from
alternator .

5

Hey Ronnie. I when it comes to charging your battery two thinks come to my mind. The first is a bad battery that simply won't hold a charge. And the second is a bad Alternator that WON'T make a charge strong enough to charge the battery. or there's a small chance that the connection from the alternator to the battery has come loose somewhere (just follow wire from alternator to where ever they lead to check for disconnection) if you want to find out how you can check to see which is your problem take your truck to Autozone. I believe they check this for free and offer both batteries and Alternators. Best of luck to you and happy drivin -Daniel.

660

Ronnie, check to see if there's an inline fuse as well between the Alternator an battery.