2001 acura rl

Asked by Mar 24, 2016 at 07:13 PM

My car doesn't want to start it's engine I replaced
the gas relay and got a new battery and nothing it
acts as if it wants to start but it seems as if it's not
getting gas to the engine

1,710

Call an auto parts store like autozone, etc. ask if they loan a fuel pressure tester, than test pressure on fuel line. Also you can, while listening near gas tank, have someone turn the ignition switch to the on position (just before it actually cranks) and you should hear the fuel pump turn on to build up fuel pressure, than shut down. At least start there.

I disconnect the main relay and it try to turn over and when I connect it back it just clicks

1,710

U mentioned it wants to start b4, that sounded like the starter was cranking the engine over but now u mention it just clicks. I'm little confused. If wen u goto try to start it, it just clicks its probably bad starter. See if the clicking sound is close to the starter, if so take out starter and find auto parts store that will test it for u. If the click is the relay, then its trying to switch on the fuel pump and fuel pump may be bad than do as I mentioned the first time.