Engine light solid slight misfire 3 cylinder

Asked by Mar 13, 2016 at 01:29 PM

Shop tried getting plugs out.seized?
Was worried plugs might bust if he
tries to hard.were changed 60000 km
ago? Any suggestions

77,845

As you didn't give any information on year make or model it is hard to know how the plug is positioned, however you can get some diesel and and old squirt bottle and squirt some of it around the base of the plug and let it stand preferably overnight, then the next day squirt some more and attempt to move the plug, if it moves just a small amount good then stop and spray some more diesel and let it stand a few hours and keep repeating this moving the plug just a small amount at a time, time consuming but it can save the plugs threads in the head.

3 plugs in front 3 along firewall.06 Buick allure CSX 3.6l.we have done that with oil but what is chance it will get in.damn aluminum heads lol.I am going to try to have them loosen in day or so but thank u.will keep u posted.he was able to get 1 plug out left front.hoping this will work.car still runs good they erased code and have driven for day or so but I know it takes a few times starting for code to register.

77,845

Believe me Diesel can get in there, so far it has even beat BP blaster and that is good stuff.

Thank u.will have them try.oil went on their already if deisal is put on only once will they come out if we let them sit for hour.? Mechanic also suggested after he sprayed with oil to come in in few days.will pass along info

77,845

Doubtful, I've always let the first application sit overnight, sometimes even giving it another spray just before closing down for the night.