Can someone help. My 2003 dodge ram hemi 5.7L sometimes turns off out of no where while driving slow or as i make a complete stop. Once it has turned off it turns back on no problem.

Asked by Feb 08, 2016 at 10:10 PM

17,290

Try some maintenance things first check air filter and replace if necessary clean throttle with throttle body cleaner add some seafoam fuel injector cleaner to gas tank.

The air filter was replace a couple months ago I already tried the fuel injector cleaner and it didn't work. Last night the engine lost power I turned it off and back on and I was running normal again. I was thinking, could it be the fuel pump? I was going to change the fuel filter first but it turns out the filter and the fuel pump is all one piece.

17,290

May want to check the fuel pressure regulator before replacing fuel pump.