About a month ago my car wouldn't start took it to car dealer they drained out bad gas and it started back working... now my car is doing it again

40

Asked by Dec 19, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Kinda hard to help without what car/year/trim/mileage

67,495

Good day FordNut and yes.make,model year would help,but i will guess anyway just by question,if the dealer drain bad gas out,the first thing would be did they replace fuel filter,next would be the fuel pump,had to answer FN,lol.

40

It's a 2013 Nissan altima

40

They didn't replace fuel filter. All was said was that I had a half tank of water, so they drained it out and it started back working again

67,495

Change the fuel filter,and check your fuel pressure,

HALF a tank of water? How in the wide wide world of sports did that happen?

67,495

My only guess would be child with water hose,or hoodlem with water hose,or he may have thought it would float,lol.

When my son was about 5 years old he decided to 'fill her up' ... with the garden hose. My (now ex wife) pulled the hose out and proceeded to drive away. She got less than 1 block, and $1500 later the car was never the same.

We were typing at same time. but that really happened.

40

They say the gas I had got

67,495

I hereya,my daughter when 6 years old filled my tractor up all so,that was a bad day,

This particular was an Audi that had a secondary fuel pressure pump, run of cam, that operated at 2500 psi. No typo. 2500psi. It had what the mechanic called a fuel distributor, to overcome compression when the injectors didn't release fuel until near TDC

67,495

She said it was empty,so she filled it up,it crank with what little fuel it had and ran for about 15 minutes,the clunk,killed the diesel engine,did not no any thing till i got home,and my daughter told me she filled up my tractor,it was brand new john deer hadnt had it but 3 months,

caramelslim_08 I am skeptical about that. Contact the place where you bought the gas and ask if there are any other complaints. The will likely deny that, but it's worth a try. They have insurance, and can also go after wholesaler. See if you can find out who the wholesaler was, and ask them. Again, probably denials all around.

Oh, man... bummer.